Tuesday 4 May 2010

To catch a criminal!!!































Lots of pics at the top of this post!! The 1st is of a crime committed in the relative 'safety' of the greenhouse!!! I noticed Saturday morning my lovely pepper plant and also one of my 'Alice' strawberry plants had been munched on over night and after a thorough search of the surrounding area I found the culprit - this little tiny slug!!! Needless to say, plenty of slug pellets have now gone down around the perimeter in the hope of of keeping out any other 'copy cat' criminals!!
Pic 3 is of my carrot seeds, coming up nicely but to delicate to be transplanted anywhere at the moment.
Pic 4 is of my lettuces (at the rear) which have now been re-planted into a couple of troughs to give them room to spread and grow before they go into the ground. In the front of the tray on the right you can just make out my cucumber plants starting to come through - unfortunately the pepper seeds on the left haven't made an appearance as of yet.
Pic 5 is of my runner beans that I grew in tissue paper/jam jar indoors that have now been put into pots.
And finally Pic 6 is my cabbages which have also been re-planted into troughs until they are big enough to go into the ground.
I also have a tray of runner beans coming up nicely, so lots of veggies to go into the gaden which does present us with a small problem - we dont think we're going to have enough room!! So it looks like the lawn in the front of the shed may have to be dug up to make room for the runner beans - but needs must when growing veggies!!
I have one tray in the greenhouse which is still bare of any seedlings and that is the one with pumpkin seeds in (Milly's idea). I'm hoping that maybe they are waiting for the really warm summer weather before they make an appearance (would make sense as they are usually harvested early winter). Will keep you posted on that one!!
I have another few additions to my garden - GNOMES!! Nuff said! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment