Thursday 29 April 2010

Grow, grow grow!!

OK, lots happening in the garden at the moment (as you'd expect in spring).

Carrots, lettuce, cabbage, one cucumber, one runner bean and 2 onions have started to sprout out from the soil, yay! I had also planted some runner beans in a few jars indoors (as we used to do at school in the old days) and they have come up fantastically well (wish i'd done them all the same way). I have planted the 5 of them into pots and a couple already have leaves.

I went to Aldi yesterday and I bought 2 Honeysuckle plants. My mum had a lovely one in the garden when we were kids and I remember the gorgeous smell when it was in flower. I've planted them at the side of the new fence, hoping it will spread up and along the fence eventually so we get an extra bit of privacy from next door (will give us an excuse to put some trellis along the top of the fence at a later date).

Anyway, back to the veggies. The plants growing in the seed trays still look too delicate to put into the ground at the moment, so we're going to the 99p shop tomorrow to get some large troughs to put them in before finally putting them in the ground.

The cabbages that i thought wouldn't grow have started to get established and i've noticed new leaves on them which is brilliant and i've also noticed new growth on the one pepper plant and the strawberry plants I got from the garden centre.

Graham has suggested we plant the stone from a mango I bought yesterday - i'll give it a go, you never know!!! Lol.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment